PUBLIC SAFETY SUPERVISOR POSITION
(Police & Fire)
Town of Dover
The Town of Dover (TN) is accepting applications for the position of a public safety supervisor. This is a full time sworn public safety officer position encompassing both police and fire operations. This position will be responsible for overseeing the general day to day operations of the firefighting side of the public safety department but will also function as a police officer. The desired requirements for this position are:
- A minimum of five (5) years full time firefighting experience.
- Have completed the fire academy & FF1 certified.
- FF1 instructor certified & N.I.M.S. Compliant.
- Have a minimum of two years fire supervisory experience.
- Be knowledgeable in all general firefighting techniques, equipment, and apparatus.
- Have excellent leadership and instruction skills.
- Be highly organized and resourceful.
- No felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions of domestic violence, theft, or drug use.
- Must be able to pass a fitness test, drug screen, psychological test and/or polygraph.
Preference will be given to applicant(s) who meet the above requirements and have current P.O.S.T. certification.
This selected candidate will be required to work a varied schedule according to the needs of the department. The selected candidate must be willing to attend and pass the police academy (if not certified) as a condition of employment and will be subjected to a physical fitness test. The selected candidate will be required to live in Stewart County within one year of appointment. A detailed resume of qualifications must accompany the application. Applicants meeting the basic qualifications will be contacted for a board interview. Applications may be picked up at Dover City Hall or downloaded off the Town of Dover website. Applications accepted until 3 P.M. on July 30, 2021.
The Town of Dover is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit application and resume to:
Town of Dover Police Department
625 Donelson Parkway
P.O. Box 447
Dover, TN 37058